Ingolstadt Science Foundation of Excellence - Ignaz Koegler grants scholarships to excellent well-known external scientists who want to carry out a joint research project at universities or research institutions in Ingolstadt as part of a sabbatical or research semester. The research projects are intended to strengthen the local research portfolio in an application-oriented manner or to support the expansion of strategic fields. It is required that the fellow presents his research to the cities public.
The scholarships consist of financial allowance to cover the accommodation expenses of the senior fellows in Ingolstadt. Usually, research stays of six months are funded, in special cases up to 12 months. The grant is € 3,000 per month plus a travel allowance of € 2,000. It is expected that additional research costs are covered by the receiving institution or a third-party funding.
- Excellence of listed scientific achievements
- Scientific quality and originality of the research project
- Sustainable setting of local application-oriented research
Application and selection process
The application phase for 2021 has started. Applications can be sent online to the Science Foundation of Excellence by the hosting Ingolstadt institution. The application must contain all the necessary documents in German or English:
- Curriculum vitae (two pages max., signed)
- Complete list of academic publications
- Research outline (five pages max., including information about public presentation of the results)
- Host’s statement and confirmation of research facilities
- Indication of at least three references
The Wissenschaftsrat (Science Council) decides on approval of applications based on a preliminary assessment by the Science Foundation of Excellence. Applications to continue a research stay that has already started cannot usually be considered. Qualified scientists from all countries are eligible to apply. Please refer to the FAQ for details.